Sunday, February 8, 2015

Learning Resource Center

I think the place I spend most of my time in is the Learning Resource Center, or just LRC. It is located right next to the library; however, here we can find tutors, computers, there are workshops on a weekly basis, and many other resources that go beyond textbooks. This is both the place where I work and where I go to study.
Because I am a tutor myself, every week I come here at least twice. Additionally, I often show up to other tutors’ hours (you know, they can help a lot) or simply come here with a friend, so that we can study together. We need to be extremely quiet in the library, whereas here we are allowed to talk freely, have easy access to whiteboards, tables, and anything else that a study group may require. Furthermore, the LRC provides such a nice environment for studying, and I believe most people would agree with me.


The Writing Center, which is found inside the LRC, has qualified people who read, review our essays, and truly help us improve our writing. And if you are stuck at any stage of an essay, regardless of the course it is for, they surely can assist you. Not to mention there are computer as well as printers that can be used by all students. Every Thursday there is a workshop on a different topic – usually they are on time management, stress management, or other subject that may be relevant for college students. As I said before, I spend a lot of time here, but I can’t complain because I actually love this place.


The LRC is open Monday through Thursdays from 8am to 8pm, and on Fridays from 8am to 4pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment