Monday, February 2, 2015

Let There Be Wi-Fi!

So I moved into a new apartment last weekend, but only now did I get internet. Uhul! I feel like I am finally going back to the civilized world. I can do my homework from the comfort of my own room (yes, some of my classes require me to do some research) and, of course, I can watch Netflix once again. Don’t get me wrong, though, I’m definitely happy because I can do my homework…

One thing that I really like about SBCC, hence about Santa Barbara, is the proximity with UCSB. Many students transfer from here to the University of California, which means people from both schools often hang out together. In fact, I have friends who either have transferred from City College, or who are currently living with UC student (s). I think this interaction only enhances the experience of living here for everyone. But that is just my opinion. That being said, I have a cousin who is spending her year abroad in Santa Barbara. Yup, she is attending UCSB for a whole year.

Over the last week, we got to spend a lot of time together, which unfortunately doesn’t happen more often. When you are living far from home, sometimes it is nice to see familiar faces to remind yourself of the people you left behind. This is especially true if you are unable to pay a quick visit for a couple days during thanksgiving or some other holyday. You know, it takes quite a few hours to go all down to Brazil and come back. I do appreciate my cousin being here because I get to hang out with her when I am homesick, and because she allows me to use her Wi-Fi when mine is not working yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment