Friday, May 1, 2015

It Is That Time Of The Semester… Again

We only have another week of lectures left, and then the infamous finals week. This means people are either extremely happy because they are transferring, or they are freaking out with all the tests and assignments due. I am definitely amongst the latter. But this is the time to catch up with all the things we kept putting off during the semester, and to study hard. Perhaps even harder than in any of the previous months this spring.

A while ago I wrote about my strategy for these last few days of class: I usually make a new schedule so that I can (hopefully) have time to study for all my finals. However, what I think I left out was all the stress that comes with it. Some people benefit from stress – it pushes us to get things done. But too much stress can also be very harmful. That’s why, honestly, I try to relax a little bit. I am not saying this is the time to party the whole night and only go to bed when the sun comes up again. No, quite the opposite actually. Personally, I’m simply going to watch a movie tomorrow night and, maybe, next weekend too. There is time to party, and time to focus on studying.

I guess what I am trying to say is that stressing out too much is just not worth it. I love cinema, which is why I go to the movies to relax. But I have friends who go surfing, rock climbing, or do yoga. So if you are also dealing with finals or stress in general, find something you like and give yourself a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment