Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Finals Week

The last week of the semester is arguably the most stressful one. Or at least it is for me. This is the moment when everything catches up with you -- all the exercises you did, all the tests you aced, all the essays you wrote, and of course all those that you didn’t. Also, the pressure of taking final exams is rough; however, we have a special schedule during this week, which helps. All exams are arranged in such a way that we do not have conflicting times and, at the same time, I do not think that anyone takes more than two finals in the same day. Thus as long as you plan your week well, you should be able to study for everything.

Because we solely have final exams this week, no lectures, my personal strategy for surviving is this: first, I set a new schedule that began last week so that I can go over the material with no rush; then I make sure to wake up early every day, and have breakfast to get me going; I go to bed early, which is around midnight for me, so I can get some rest; I set a good setlist that motivates me because life without music is not worth living; and, I am not going to lie, I drink a lot of coffee. Actually my roommate just converted me to tea, so I’ve been drinking a lot of tea lately, but that is another story.

I know, finals week is stressful and requires a lot of sacrifices, but it is part of going to college, right? Besides, it will pay off one day, and winter break is just around the corner! And this is going to be a great break!





If you need some extra motivation, listen to this song because there is nothing better than Janis Joplin telling you to try juuuuuuuuuust a little bit harder.



No comments:

Post a Comment