Thursday, December 11, 2014

Grades and wanderlust

Passport, check. I-20, check. Backpack, check.
It is over. After a somewhat stressful semester, I took my last final today and am officially on a break. I believe most people are taking their last final exams today, or have taken them already, and will soon be preparing for the holidays. If you are from out of town, or out of the country like me, you too will have to pack up and travel, which typically is either very exciting or incredibly boring. Regardless of how you feel toward packing, we now have to wait for our grades to be posted. And, as usual, some professors post them right away while others understandably take longer. Some grades will please us, others not so much. It is part of college life, though.

My personal recommendation is to relax. Now that we have (hopefully) aced all our exams and just need to wait for the confirmation, we can focus on what really matters: the break. Go outside, go to the beach, go see your friends, and make up to the last couple weeks of withdrawal. If you are going home, wherever it may be, I wish you a great holiday and that you have a memorable time alongside your loved ones. Personally, I am not going home; instead, I am going to backpack in Mexico. I’m so excited! So if you too are not going home but are travelling somewhere new, I also wish you a great time. However, to you, I hope you enjoy the wanderlust and exhilaration that always comes with new adventures.

The plan
I won’t be blogging until the spring semester begins, so I guess you’re only hearing from me again in January. Anyway, have an awesome break and may the curve be with you.

(I formally apologize for the pun)





 

2 comments: