Friday, April 10, 2015

The Week after Spring Break

Flagstaff, AZ - on our way to Grand Canyon
Everyone knows how much fun Spring Break can be. And, boy, did I have fun with mine. What many people don’t mention, however, is all the work that you need to get done during that week – or, better yet, all the work you need to catch up with after you come back.

Firstly, somehow my little trip to Los Angeles ballooned into visiting a good friend of mine in Phoenix, Arizona, who attends Arizona State University. That is indeed a nice city, but way too hot, way too dry, and way too far from the ocean if you ask me. (I think the Pacific is what I am going to miss the most when I move from Santa Barbara for good.) Anyways, at least I got to hang out with someone who I hadn’t seen in almost a year, and to speak Portuguese, and to talk about Brazil! It was awesome. I guess I felt a little nostalgic, which is a pretty similar feeling to the one people get when they visit their hometowns after a long time, or run into an old high school friend. It didn't end there, though. From Phoenix, we went to the Grand Canyon, took a bunch of pictures, and I returned to Santa Barbara last Sunday. In order words, I didn’t do anything I’d set myself to do.

Once I got back home, which was last Sunday evening, I had to prepare for two midterms and two essays due this week. Needless to say my past few days were kind of stressful. But if I could leave you with a lesson from it all, it would be this: go ahead, take a break, but try to do a little bit of work every day.

Grand Canyon - for some reason my mom didnt appreciate this photo





No comments:

Post a Comment